- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan plus an additional 1/2 cup
- pinch of nutmeg
- 3 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 lb. mozzarella, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cook pasta about 2 minutes short of package directions (it should be a bit firm).
3. Toss onion, garlic, peppers, and zucchini in a large bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Place vegetables on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until slightly singed.
4. Mix ricotta, 1/2 c. Parmesan and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Gently fold in cooked pasta, veggies, tomatoes, oregano and cubed mozzarella. Pour into greased baking dish.
5. Sprinkle top with remaining parmesan. Bake uncovered until slightly brown and bubbling (about 20 minutes). Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo from Parenting magazine